Pages


April Showers Bring...




You know that old saying... April Showers bring May Flowers... My only question for this Friday is - What on earth do April Snowfalls bring?????


This was the view outside of my living room window this evening at 6pm.  However, the snow has not yet stopped and it looks much worse now.  And it makes me want to cry.  So in honour of this snowfall, here is my 5 on Friday list (that I will be linking up for tomorrow morning since I'm doing this all on my iPad and I haven't figured out how to do all of those links this way yet lol).

5 Things I miss about NICE WEATHER

1. Not having to layer children with snow pants, jackets, mitts, toques, scarves, boots.  It is such an ordeal to get out the door to go anywhere when it is cold outside.


2. Wearing flip flops and sundresses.  I long for the days of not having to wear boots.  Don't get me wrong - I have awesome winter boots (Paul bought me two pairs of Hunter boots last year and they are AMAZING).

3.  BBQ Season - we may have still had BBQ steak tonight for dinner but it's hard to be excited about BBQing in the snow.

4. Going for slurpees and not freezing my butt off.  Or going for ice cream and not being cold.  I love me some summer treats but I am always torn in the colder months because I want the treat but I don't want to get cold from eating it.

5.  Being able to sit in the backyard while the girls play and just relax out there.  I LOVE lounging outside in the summer and I'm hoping to get some new patio furniture this year for that purpose.  Maybe a hammock?  I'm not sure what would be better - nice wicker couch and chairs or maybe a rocker wicker chair or a hammock?  Thoughts?? Opinions??


Hope you all have a wonderful start to your April and that it's much warmer there than it is here!!





 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment