Linking up with the lovely ladies over at The Farmer's Wife and September Farm. I'm sometimes feel jealous because they both live on farms, but then I remember that I'm totally a city girl at heart lol.
So here are my Five FUN and FABULOUS things about my week:
1. I started selling Jamberry nails (http://karenhansen.jamberrynails.net - check it out lol) and I had my launch party this week. It went AMAZINGLY. I'm so happy with the first party. I had 8 people show up and 7 of them ordered stuff (the 8th didn't because she was leaving for holidays for 3 weeks this morning lol). Super pumped.
2. I did a bunch of volunteer work this week at the MFRC (Military Family Resource Centre - I think it's like the American version of the MWR? I could be wrong lol). Wednesday I helped make lollipops for the kids program out of Jolly Ranchers and did some photocopying. Then today it was helping make a Poutine Bar for the day camp. For all you Americans - Poutine is french fries and squeaky cheese covered with gravy. It's delicious. If you ever come to Canada, you MUST try it.
3. My grandparents on my Mom's side passed away several years ago. I miss them a lot but this week, I got to have a little piece of family treasure. My Uncle and his wife received a new dining room set from a family member of hers and in turn, they gave us my Grandparents dining room set. It is beautiful and I am so proud and honoured that they gave it to us. And it was special because we actually picked it up on my Grandparents anniversary.
4. My dear sweet husband has been working so hard on this course that he is on. In this last phase of the course, he has 10 flights he has to complete - 4 in tactical, 2 in Search and Rescue, 2 surveillance and then 2 Checkrides (I could be wrong on what they are all called). He has now completed his 4 tactical flights and he did really well on them - he actually had Standard Exceeded on two of his flights (which is SUPER awesome!) I'm so proud of him.
5. Tomorrow night we are having a BBQ with our neighbours. One set of neighbours went away for 4 weeks in June and then 3 weeks in July and we watched their house for them. In return for that, they gave us (both us and our other neighbours) WAY too much money for watching their house. We didn't want to accept it, but they wouldn't say no - so we are using that money to have a big BBQ. We are heading out to the Farmer's Market in the morning to pick up all fresh veggies, meat and potatoes and probably a dessert for it. I'm super excited because I haven't been to the Farmer's Market at all this year yet.
Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL weekend. It's a long weekend for us up here in Canada, so I may not post again until Tuesday (unless I figure out how to make my wifi work in the backyard by the kiddie pool lol).