I am starting a new "tradition" for Fridays. I've found lately that I've been focusing on so many negative things in my life right now and all the things that are stressing me out, so Fridays are going to be "5 Things I'm Thankful For Fridays".
So here we go!
1. My Health - I'm thankful that I'm healthy and that I'm able to wake up every morning feel great (well maybe tired but great nonetheless). I'm thankful that I have access to doctor's and medicine. I'm thankful that I live in Canada where I don't have to pay for my healthcare and that if something is wrong, I can go to the Doctor and it doesn't cost me anything.
2. Maternity Leave - I am BEYOND thankful that where we live, maternity leave is one year long. I get a whole year with NoraBear. An entire year to watch her grow and to love her to pieces before I even have to think about going back to work. And while I'm sad that my year is almost half over - I am so thankful that I get to snuggle with her every morning and play with her in the afternoons and get to spend so much time with her.
3. Holidays - I am very thankful that this year our entire family will be spending Christmas at our house. It's our first time to host it and it's NoraBear's first Christmas. So I'm excited and thankful for it.
4. Great friends - I've always been really lucky and have had some great friends. But since we moved out here, it was hard to fit in at first. I was the only one who didn't have a baby and I was younger. But now that I've had Nora, I'm lucky to have met some great girls who were in my prenatal class. We get together on a regular basis (at least once a month) and we meet up for Stars and Strollers. I also have a great group of girls with the Otter Wives from Paul's year at the school. They are there to help with everything, they keep me sane with wedding planning and so many other things. I'm very thankful for them.
5. My sister. Danie and I haven't always been this close - in fact I'm pretty sure we went through a period of time where we hated each other. But she's honestly one of my best friends (second to Nora lol oh and Paul too I guess lol - they all tie for first place in my life lol). And I miss her SO much on a regular basis. But at least she's always only a skype call away. And I'm so happy that she's going to be such a big part of my little girl's life - she is the Awesome Aunt :)
So that's it - my Friday 5. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!