It has been a rough week in the Otter Household. And no, our last name is not Otter but since Paul is in Otter Sqn at the college - that's what I like to call our household lol. Hopefully I can come up with 5 things today because my brain is shot.
1. Canadian Health Care - Nora is sick. It started off as a stuffed up nose on Tuesday, moved to her throat on Wednesday and by yesterday my little 5 month old was grabbing her left ear like crazy. So we called our doctor's office at 4:55pm (they close at 5pm) and we have an appointment for her today at 1:45pm. I'm happy that they were able to fit us in so quickly and I'm thankful that we don't have to pay for her to see a Doctor.
2. Christmas Cookies - Every year I try to organize a Christmas cookie exchange. We had it last night - 8 people signed up and only one person dropped out last minute (for a pretty good reason too). So all the girls came by and we exchanged our cookies and I now have 8 dozen different types of delicious cookies/sweets. I almost wish I had waited until closer to when our company gets here for Christmas because I don't know if these will all last that long lol. I'm thankful that I have so many friends that are willing to participate in my crazy things and thankful that I was able to have an evening of good times :)
3. Friends - this week was a rough week sleep wise, brain wise and emotion wise. And I am so thankful for the great friends that I have here, they definitely helped keep me sane and made me feel better even when I was stressed out and worried about things.
4. Family Recipes - I am thankful that my family has recipes that it hands down through the generations - my shortbread recipe, our tortiere recipe, our stuffing recipe. It makes me happy and I am so thankful that I am able to follow the recipes too lol. Because the tortiere recipe says - add seasoning til it tastes right - no measurements, just until it tastes right lol.
5. Snow - it snowed overnight here. FINALLY. I still can't believe that it's December 9 and we just had snow. It's only about an inch of snow but still, the ground is covered in white :) It will probably all melt later this weekend though because the temperature is going back up above freezing. But it's nice for a little bit.
Well I'm off to get lunch ready and then to take Nora to the Doctors office, hopefully everything goes well. Hope everyone else has a wonderful Friday!!
~*~ K ~*~