This week has been a very tumultuous week. Lots of ups and downs, but as it is Fab Friday – I’m going to focus on the ups.
- We have a place to live at our new destination. (this one is both an up and down – it’s smaller than what we were expecting to receive – BUT it is a place to live and it’s only for 18 months – we can make things work).
- Our house is officially listed. They came and took pictures for the mls.ca website yesterday and the sign is supposed to be going on our lawn today!!
- Nora has used the potty twice this week. Once she asked to use it – once I asked her if she needed to go. So slowly, we are working on this whole potty training business (but still not pushing it lol).
- I went for a manicure yesterday. I had a groupon for a shellac mani and so far I LOVE it. If you follow me on Instagram (KarenEAnne) you probably saw a picture of it. It’s a light pink colour called Cake Pop. Very fitting for me lol.
- I have a sno cone maker. It’s a manual one, but still. It shaves the ice, you add syrup and it’s delicious. Ice has been a huge pregnancy craving for me and as I get closer and closer to the end – I want it more and more. I’m eating one right now, and it’s only 10:30am.
- Paul had his last class of his UnderGrad career this morning. I am BEYOND proud of him for all of the work he has done for the past 4 years. It’s been hard but it has been SO worth it.
- My Mom is coming out next Wednesday to help with Baby and Nora… assuming Baby A makes her arrival in the near future lol.
- All of my Records of Employment are now officially in at Service Canada. I was kind of freaking out earlier this month about this. I have been on Maternity leave since March 10. In Canada we get a full year of mat leave and we get paid for it (it’s awesome, I know a lot of other countries don’t have mat leave for that long). Anyways, they couldn’t do anything with my file because I worked 3 part time jobs to get my 600 qualifying hours and because 2 of my employers had not yet filed my ROE’s, they wouldn’t do anything – so I’ve been getting NO money for the past month, which tightens our purse strings a bit. We aren’t broke by any means, it’s just frustrating – BUT now they are all in so I should get some money soon and back pay * Fingers Crossed *.
- My house looks beautiful. And it makes me afraid to do anything lol, but I love how organized things are now. You should see my basement lol.
And that is it for my Fabulous Friday – go on and check everyone else’s Fab Fridays out too!!