Pages


Meal Planning Fun





With this second baby on the way – I’m trying very hard to stay on top of things with our house and with groceries and meal planning.  I find that if I don’t – our grocery bill skyrockets and we have lots of leftover food that has to get tossed because it’s gone bad – which is really sad.  So this week, I sat down this morning (it’s actually Monday – say what? I’m writing a post a day early and scheduling it?? No way! Lol) and I made our meal plan based on what we have at home and I’m about to make my grocery list based on the food we need.  Hopefully it will be an inexpensive week – I’m still not receiving my mat leave pay yet which is kind of sucky. 

Monday – Teriyaki Tilapia, Quinoa and Salad

Tuesday – Lasagna (already made and waiting in the freezer!)

Wednesday – BBQ Hamburgers

Thursday – Taco Salad (my fave from growing up – it’s shredded lettuce, crushed tortilla chips, hamburger, onions, tomato, cheese all mixed together in your bowl – easy and Delish!)

Friday – Homemade Pizza Night

Saturday – BBQ Steak, Potato Salad, and Corn

Sunday – Leftovers


Out of this menu – I only need to buy the following:
-    salad
-    Hamburger buns
-    Tomatos
-    Meat for the Pizza
-    Mozarella Cheese for the Pizza
-    Steak
-    Potatoes
-    Veggies
-    Fruit for lunches with Nora (grapes, apples, etc).
Shouldn’t be too expensive… or at least I’m hoping it won’t be lol.

Do you have any ideas on how to save money for groceries while still eating delicious meals??

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment