Pages


Currently




Linking up with Randalin of Harvesting Kale and Lindsey from Ot & Et for Thursday’s edition of Currently.

This week’s words were craving, waiting, remembering, liking, and cooking.

Craving – I have been craving Cherry Coke.  I have an unhealthy obsession with it lol.  Unfortunately it is not available in Canada.  Fortunately I went on a shopping trip with two of my girlfriends last Friday and bought two cases.  And by cases I mean I now have 48 cans of Cherry Coke in my basement.  See I told you it was unhealthy.

Waiting – Patiently waiting to start decorating our house for Christmas.  I made Paul a promise 4 years ago when we started living together that I wouldn’t decorate until after November 11 to focus on Remembrance Day instead.  For my American friends, it’s kind of like Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day wrapped into one. 

Remembering – A lot of stuff this week.  Remembering all of those who sacrificed their lives so we could live a life of freedom.  November always makes me slow down to pause and reflect on life a little bit more.  Also, on the road trip last week we talked a bit about high school days.  I had some great girlfriends back then, and I miss them and the fun times we had.  Also remembering a lovely lovely lady who I knew for the time I was in Kingston, Victoria Thomas.  She lost her battle with cancer in October, she was probably one of the strongest faith filled women I have met in my lifetime (other than my own mother I think).  She prayed for anyone and everyone and shared with everyone how much she loved Jesus and God and I only hope that I can be a light like her in this world.  She will definitely be missed and remembered for the rest of my life.

Liking – that both of my children are napping at the same time right now.  I’m sure that one of them will wake up shortly but still, half an hour of no crying or needing to tend to anyone is really nice lol.

Cooking – A lot.  I did some baking yesterday for the MFRC’s Coffee Break this morning (MFRC – Military Family Resource Centre), I made yellow ribbon cookies for the launch of the Yellow Ribbon Gala ticket sales today.  Also, we made a meal plan for the month of November.  And we are pretty much sticking to it.  It’s been awesome.  Also, has anyone out there tried the Campbell’s Skillet Sauces?  They are AH-mazing.  We had one last night and everyone ate it.  Even picky Nora did lol.

I’m looking forward to linking up again next week.  I’m REALLY trying to get back into blogging on a more regular basis.  This naptime has helped today lol.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment