Pages


Soothing




I don't know what it is, but there is something incredibly soothing about flying in a Herc.




This post is brought to you by the hashtag #opfridaysbigsurprise. Hubby was scheduled to fly out west this weekend with the squadron for an air show. It just so happens that the air show is in Comox, where all of his grandparents live and his parents happen to be visiting. He called me on Wednesday morning and asked if the girls and I were busy this weekend. I said that other than sleeping in and playing outside, we had nothing planned. He then said, ok - you have an appt to get your spousal id at 14:30 and we leave Friday morning at 10:30.

His parents know we are coming but no one else does. Right now I am in an air plane with the girls on the way to Comox. Annika is out and Nora is eating her plane snack. She was beyond excited to go on this airplane ride today. It's so different not flying on a commercial plane. Parachute seats to sit on. Having to wear ear defenders. It's crazy yet awesome. And I'm so glad my kids could experience what I did so many times as a child with my Dad. Plus - this is the surprise of a lifetime - none of the great grandparents have met Annika and only one set met Nora when she was 3 months old. It's going to be awesome.

Here is Nora enjoying her box lunch:


Fast asleep from the noise and vibration of the plane:


Daddy, Mommy and Nora, rocking our ear defenders:


Safe on the ground in Comox!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Leave a Comment