Pages


Homecomings and Goodbyes




Growing up in a military household - I know all about the hellos and goodbyes. I don't think I ever really knew how strong and amazing my mother was (and still is lol) to keep things going when my Dad was always on the go. Fast forward 25 or so years and boy do I get it lol. Life with an Air Force husband sure isn't like having a normal 9-5 job. I can't remember the last time Paul went to work like that lol. Although I wouldn't change a thing about it - he's gone on some pretty cool adventures and we've been able to do some cool things as a family too. 

These past few weeks seem to have been a little bit rougher for our little family though, perhaps it was because this last trip was very unexpected (he came home on a Wednesday and said I leave tomorrow morning), it was only supposed to be 48 hours and that stretched into 15 days, and possibly because he came home, had the weekend and then turned around and left again.  However, things that make everything worth it - the look on those two little girls faces when he walked in the door to Grandma and Grandpa's house on Friday night (they were kind enough to babysit so we could go to the Jets game!!)  They had NO idea he was even coming home or that I went to the hockey game with him lol.  It was such a great surprise.  I also think that in terms of military separations - we are very blessed at the moment - we live in the same city as Grandma and Grandpa.  Not many military families can say that.  I will definitely be taking advantage of this because as per usual in this lifestyle - you never know when you may be posted out and where you may be going.

 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment